Mississauga car dealer and city developer/philanthropist make Canadian Immigrant magazine's Top 25 list
Mississauga’s automobile dealer Nasser Rad, and long-time developer Ignat Kaneff, have joined Harjit Sajian, federal minister of national defence, as those named to this year’s list of the Top 25 Canadian immigrants.
The awards went to artists, academics, entrepreneurs and champions of many worthy causes.
Presented by Canadian Immigrant magazine, a Metroland Media publication, and sponsored by RBC, the eight annual RBC Top 25 Canadian Immigrants awards took place recently in Toronto.
“This year’s group of 25 winners is an inspiring and eclectic mix that showcases the diverse talent that immigrants bring to Canada,” said Canadian Immigrant editor Margaret Jetelina. “We at Canadian Immigrant magazine are very proud that, over the eight years of this awards program, we have now recognized 200 amazing immigrants as top 25s. And we have, honestly, just scratched the surface of immigrant talent in Canada.”
Mississauga’s Rad is the CEO and president of Autorama, a pre-owned car dealership in Toronto.
Rad migrated from Tehran, Iran, as a refugee in 1991. After coming to Canada, he started working at a few dealerships, but later launched his own dealership Autorama. He had one employee and minimum inventory.
Today, Autorama is one of the largest pre-owned car dealerships in Toronto.
Kaneff is a Bulgarian-born Canadian business magnate and philanthropist who is a dedicated supporter of Community Living Mississauga.
The Kaneff Group of Companies includes real estate development, and even golf courses, including Lionhead in Brampton. Its offices are located on the site of the golf course on Mississauga Road.
The RBC Top 25 award winners were recognized for having made a positive economic, social and cultural impact in Canada.
They also received a commemorative plaque and a $500 donation that goes towards a registered Canadian charity of their choice.
For a complete look at the winners, and more information, visit www.canadianimmigrant.ca
by Nouman Khalil
- Toronto’s Top Independent Dealership, standing out from the crowd
- Top 25 Canadian Immigrant Awards
- Toronto dealer with vision talks small start, passion for industry
- Urban Hero Nasser Rad Gives Away Cars and Hope
- Urban Hero Awards celebrate Toronto's doers of good deeds
- Torontos starting point for every car loan journey
- Canadian Immigrant magazine's Top 25 list
- RBC Top 25 Canadian Immigrant Awards
- Boldly Dream
- Top 25 Canadian Immigrants
- Care to Share – a hard-working mother receives a free car
- Making a difference one car at a time!
- Dealer Profile Autorama
- Winning dealer turns one car into four
- Canada's Top 25 Immigrants 2016
- Best Used Car Dealership in Toronto - 3 Years in a Row
- How to Improve Your Credit Score
- Better quality, better value, better cars
- Integrity, honest values – an uncompromising used car dealer
- Above & Beyond at Every Turn
- Best Used Car Dealership of Toronto 2013
- What is Your Credit Score?
- What is a Credit Report?
- Fall Preparations
- Raising the Bar in the Used Car Industry in Toronto
- Increasing Demand for used cars in North York & Toronto
- Independent Dealer Flexibility
- AUTORAMA in DEALER INSIDER